Sub-fertility оf а couple іѕ defined аѕ thе inability tо conceive, even after months of attempting unprotected sexual intercourse.
Infertility is the inability to conceive or when it takes years to successfully conceive.
We look at the criteria for Infertility in this article and give you some practical advice about how to deal with it step by step.
The Medical stuff, demystified.
Specifically, Doctors become concerned about Infertility once a couple is:
- trying for 12 months or more unsuccessfully
- under 40 years of age
- if blood, hormone and sperm tests are all normal
Doctors can have concerns for other couples in the case of:
- women trying to conceive over 40 years of age and may refer them to a fertility specialist sooner rather than later.
- Men with low or poor sperm count.
- If there are hormone imbalances detected in a blood test
- If they have been trying unsuccessfully for several years without conception.
Infertility refers tо thе impaired reproductive system either structurally or physiologically аnd саn occur іn bоth sexes.
Structural Problems – This means the problem can lie in the anatomy or reproductive organs such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus in women. Or the penis and testes in men.
This shows up as: Structural problems may be detected such as blocked tubes, scar tissue or cysts can prevent free passage of eggs or sperm through the female reproductive tract, or pserm through the male reproductive tract.
Physiological Problems – This means the function of reproduction is impaired and could be anything beginning with the hormone feedback loops to the hypothalamus & pituitary glands in the brain, the hormone levels themselves and how they fluctuate.
This shows up as: Poor Egg & sperm development, Poor ovulation, Low sperm virility and more.
What everyone ought to know about Sub-fertility or Infertility.
- You can’t tell from the outside. Infertility has no major exterior signs that are visible to the outsider or even the person themselves.
- Without medical testing, only time will tell if you’re having trouble with fertility. Not everyone has the luxury of time on their side with age being a factor in some cases of conception.
- An infertile man has no noticeable signs of infertility and must undergo sperm testing to determine sperm quality.
- Failure to conceive and miscarriage are signs for a woman that their fertility might be in question. Further testing through your doctor should be done as a first step.
Which is why couples can be struggling silently with Infertility and find the enquiries into their personal life stressful, emotionally painful and difficult.
Who else wants ANSWERS or SOLUTIONS?
- Seeing your Medical Practitioner is a good first step to discuss the current situation.
- Medical testing of bloods, hormones and sperm is the next step if you or the Doctor are concerned.
- If all is normal, the doctor may refer you to a fertility specialist if they need a second opinion or further testing such as AMH levels.
- If all is normal, the doctor may send you away to continue trying naturally.
- If all is not normal they will definitely refer you to a Fertility Specialist or IVF Clinic for further testing.
- If the Doctor diagnoses Unexplained Infertility it means they can’t find the reason why you’re not conceiving.
- This is where acupuncture can be a helpful solution for those trying naturally to build the couple’s health back up which assists conception to be successful.
Chinese Medicine Secrets to Great Fertility:
- You have good energy levels and can get through the day with ease
- You sleep well and wake feeling rested
- You have a healthy diet and appetite
- You exercise regularly
- You don’t smoke cigarettes, take recreational drugs or excessive alcohol
- Your period cycles are regular
- You have mild PMS & period pain
- Your period looks and feels normal
- You have a sex drive
- You’re physically fit
- You are happy, emotionally stable and positive-minded
- You’re not much affected by stress.
If this sounds like you, that’s great! But the bar shouldn’t seem too high here – an Acupuncture Practitioner can help you take baby steps to get your health back on track if you have things in this list that are ‘red flags’ for you.
The underlying idea in TCM of not just fertility, but a healthy pregnancy & child is that the health of the parents determined at conception, determines the health of the unborn child.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d love to get to with your health, Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine can help you reach your health goals.
Make contact with me for more information on how Acupuncture can help you & your fertility at firstname.lastname@example.org