Building your yin is very important to fertility for both men and women. In women, their yin is reflected in their oestrogen levels, egg quality and cervical mucus. In men, yin relates to their sperm quality. Without Yin, fertility can be of poor quality. We’ve already discussed Yin & Fertility, in this article here. Now we’ll show some recipes that can help build Yin in the body through food & nutrition.
Stewed Pears and Apple Recipe – better for Dry body types and building yin
Granny Smith Apples
Pears of your choice
1. Peel and Chop the pears and apples into small 1-2cm cubes.
2. Place in a frypan with a little water and some squeezed lemon juice to taste.
3. Bring to the boil then lower to a simmer and leave until softened. Keep the juice.
Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days only.
Poached Pears in Chai Spice – for those who are Dry, but have NO HEAT signs
You can use any type of pear; Corella, Packham, Beurre
(Vanilla Sugar/ Sugar optional)
Raw Chai Spices (all warming but not too HOT) such as Cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamon, Ginger or a Packet of Chai Tea where the Spices are whole eg. Masala Chai.
1. Peel and core pears and place them in a small saucepan of water with juice of 1/2 a lemon and optional sugar.
2. Bring to the boil and lower to a simmer until cooked.
3. Strain off the syrup to freeze for another batch of poached fruit next time or discard.
Make your own electrolyte drink: Great for building yin in the way of cellular & interstitial fluid, cleaning out your cells and being properly hydrated. The recipes I go to are either the Everyday Roots Recipe or Wellness Mama Recipe.
Another way to build and strengthen your Yin energy is to see a Registered Acupuncturist. For more information on Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs to build yin, email me on email@example.com